Looking for something? Let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies - Send us your job vacancies! email@example.com
"The Drama School" is looking for a sub contractor to facilitate the following drama sessions located in the Eastern suburbs:
Wednesday 10-11am & 3:45-5:45pm
Experience working with children and a current WWCC are essential.
To find out more about our company or to enquire visit www.thedramaschool.com.au or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ilbijerri Theatre Company Position Available
Ilbijerri Theatre Company, Australia's longest running Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander theatre company, is looking for a new General Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and overseeing all day-to-day operations, administration and processes of the company and its staff and will further refine and develop the company’s procedures, workflow and project management systems. Applications close Tuesday 28 February. See the Ilbijerri Theatre Company website. http://ilbijerri.com.au/job/general-manager/
Acting for Screen Teacher Wanted
VET in Schools Acting course needs teachers for 2017. Are you a Drama teacher that needs part-time work?
The Australian College of Dramatic Arts delivers quality training, has good student completions rates, is engaged with the Film and Television Industry, are proven VETis educators in the delivery of the nationally accredited 22307VIC Certificate III in Acting (Screen).
Students are enrolled over a 2 year time period and the knowledge and skills of the acting for screen course encompass a range of Units of Competency subjects building on employability skills, confidence and good communication skills as well.
Access the Position Description and how to apply HERE!
In collaboration with Ranters Theatre, Theatre Works is presenting a series of Performance Writing and Improvisation Masterclasses on Saturdays and Sundays over April and May.
This masterclass focuses on performance writing for theatre. It will guide participants through the process of developing new performance work using techniques that allow them to focus on physical action, and become emotionally connected with how they ‘speak,’ from the point of view of character author. There will be two main ways of generating dialogues: Texts written in isolation and Texts devised using the basic tools of physical improvisation.
Dates: Saturdays, 10am – 1pm // Sundays, 11am – 2pm
Saturday 8 & Sunday 9 April · Saturday 22 & Sunday 23 April · Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 May · Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 May
More info here.
- Register yourself & your fellow teachers today - Wakakirri - master-classes here. You can join any time! Watch tutorials, contribute in the conversation and ask any questions you may have. You can also download the Wakakirri Best Practice document which will help when creating your story and planning rehearsals.
- Chunky Move are excited to present their inaugural Easter Intensive open to all young people aged 14 to 18. This is a great opportunity to discover contemporary dance and its practices while having fun! Dates: 6, 7 & 8 April 2016 – 10am to 4pm Details Here
- Chunky Move Professional Development Workshops for secondary school dance and drama teachers. Chunky Move teachers Adam Wheeler and James Shannon will lead two workshops in current contemporary practice methodologies, creating creative tasks that align with the VCE & VET curriculums, ideas for assisting students in their solos and ideas on inviting improvisation into the classroom. Details Here
- Applications are open for Bell Shakespeare’s Regional Teacher Mentorship! Applications are open for Bell Shakespeare’s Regional Teacher Mentorship. Thirty primary and secondary teachers from regional Australian schools will receive a year-long mentorship with Bell Shakespeare, including a fully-funded trip to Bell Shakespeare HQ in Sydney. Head to https://www.bellshakespeare.com.au/learning/scholarships/regional-teacher-mentorship/ for information. Supported by the Australian Government and Teachers Mutual Bank.
- 'Hairspray' set for sale!
Sunbury Downs College recently recreated the popular broadway 'Hairspray' and now are selling their amazing sets due to minimal storage. The sets can be sold as a complete package or as individual pieces.
If you would like further information, images & pricing, please contact Natalie via email email@example.com
Brush up on your Shakespeare with Cantabile Acapella choir!
Cantabile, a long standing acapella group based in Melbourne, is preparing two Shakespeare/Elizabethan period concerts comprised of songs based on Shakespeare's text and music he may have listened to.
We would like to incorporate spoken word, sonnets, soliloquies, play excerpts etc. however our skills sit much more comfortably with singing. We are hoping that you may be, or know of an individual or group who might like to perform with us.
Our first concert will be at the Kew Courthouse Just Theatre, November 13th, and we are just starting the planning for a second which will have a slightly different feel. It will be free to the public, where we are looking for venue and performers from the city of Darebin.
If interested please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the Kew concert will continue to be expanded on our website and it will also give you a flavour (and samples) of our choir.
- Tiered and Grandstand Seating for Your School Production
Build your audience in whatever space you have available with temporary tiered seating options from 60 to 1000 seats. No need to hire an outside venue, and installation and dismantle can be done in a matter of hours at your school’s gym, hall or production space.
- Debase have resources for you!
Educational resources available from debase
We have a range of SCRIPTS and EDUCATIONAL DVD PACKAGES – ideal support materials for teachers, including:
The Clown from Snowy River “... a tour de force ...” RealTime.
An energetic, hilarious exploration of the Australian national identity. A troupe of clowns (Indigenous and non‑Indigenous) attempt to stage the defining moments of Australian history, from Gallipoli to the Sydney Olympics.
Created with/for young people The Clown from Snowy River is great for students studying clown, comedy, contemporary Australian theatre and Australian history. The DVD contains footage of the acclaimed performance along with extensive teachers-notes, lesson plans and exercises.